Ever wish the sidewalk was just a little softer? That running felt more like floating? Brooks DNA LOFT cushioning brings you one step closer to making that wish come true. Our softest cushioning ever offers a plush feel without sacrificing weight or durability.
So what is DNA LOFT?
DNA LOFT is our softest midsole cushioning. It’s made up of a combination of EVA foam, rubber, and air — yep, even air gets credit as a cushioning ingredient. The fine-tuned combo ensures that your feet get a super soft ride every time you lace up.
Why is DNA LOFT so soft?
The super soft feeling comes from the specific proportions of the foam, rubber, and air. EVA foam is a common material used in running shoe cushioning, providing softness at a relatively low weight. Blending the foam with extra air ensures that the cushioning stays lightweight, while the added rubber ensures durability.
The result? Cushioning that absorbs impact and delivers super soft comfort kilometre after blissful kilometre.
How does DNA LOFT compare to other Brooks midsoles?
Out of the four current midsole technologies, DNA LOFT delivers our softest experience.
- DNA AMP has the highest energy return, offering a super springy ride that propels you through your run.
- BioMoGo DNA hits the sweet spot between softness and responsiveness: it’s not as soft as DNA LOFT, but feels softer than DNA AMP.
- DNA FLASH is our lightest cushioning. Soft but not quite as plush as DNA LOFT, you’ll find DNA FLASH only in our fastest racing and training shoes.
How do you choose?
There’s a reason runners love ultra-cushioned shoes: they defend your hard-working feet, legs, and body from the unforgiving concrete roads and sidewalks most of us run on.
Plush cushioning like DNA LOFT helps protect you by absorbing minor changes in road texture. Pavement cracks and pesky pebbles are no match for DNA LOFT; the sidewalk might as well be silk beneath your feet.
You might also choose DNA LOFT if you want to forget about your shoes and just get in the zone — the softness helps offer a consistent ride for the duration of your run.
Which shoes have DNA LOFT?
We currently have four different shoes that feature DNA LOFT:
- The Ghost is one of our most-loved running shoes. The shoe features a blend of DNA LOFT and BioMoGo DNA that offers softness with a touch of responsiveness.
- The Glycerin is our cushiest shoe, with 100% DNA LOFT cushioning to cradle your foot. If ever a shoe could snuggle, the Glycerin would be the one.
- The Adrenaline GTS is another popular shoe with runners, combining the same blend of DNA LOFT and BioMoGo DNA as the Ghost, but with the addition of GuideRails® support.
- The Glycerin GTS is our cushiest shoe, with not only 100% DNA LOFT cushioning, but a plush interior liner and soft heel collar for softness on all sides. The Glycerin GTS also features our GuideRails® support.
Ready to dive into our other technologies?
Our biomechanics experts, product developers, and insights researchers work together to create the best running gear out there. Check out the full story on our shoe technology, or learn more about our approach to research and product testing. And don’t forget to take a look at our Run Signature philosophy — it’s the key to understanding why we make each of our shoes.